This video shows how to download SRTM for use in ATAK.
Here are the things to note: – Choose your data format as SRTM
- 1 Arc second (similar to DETED Level 2)
- You can’t easily download more tha 100 tiles at at time (I had to cut this one tight to keep it under 100)
- Use “Add All Results From Current Page” rather than clicking on each tile.
- “Modify All scenes” to DTED 1-Arc Second. – Proceed to Checkout and Submit Order
- An email link will be sent to you. -You need to install the USGS Bulk Downloader to download the SRTM.
- Import with “Import Manager”, and select “Zipped DTED”.
Here’s how to import the SRTM after you’ve downloaded and zipped the SRTM (in DTED format):
And here’s now to tell the SRTM (or other DTED) has imported properly:
See the Wiki.TAKCiv page for moreads, including htis SRTM file.